'Tis the season to be Linux
19th December 2005: Season 3 Episode 5 : 89:36
- The Prophet LugRadio: a review of the predictions made in the 2004 Christmas special and just how wrong we were
- BuddyPing: we talk to Justin Davies about buddyPing and social networks, and then argue amongst ourselves about it
- A competition! Novell have donated some stuff to be given away, and you could win! Enter our competition, "Stupid Hat for Corporate Tat", by sending a picture of yourself in the stupidest hat you can buy, steal, or construct to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bonus points for having the word "LugRadio" on your hat, or anything else that we find funny like wearing an enormous chin prosthesis or something
- Aaron Seigo with a five-minute update on where the KDE desktop is headed, cool stuff they're working on, and integration with freedesktop.org
- Hype or Shite (it returns!): this week the team talk about eye candy. Is looking pretty important? Does eye candy just mean looking pretty?
- Your letters, and the LugRadio community speaks through the medium of voicemail
A very merry Christmas to all our listeners. We'll be back in 2006!
This episode of LugRadio is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence. This means that you can download it for free, you can pass it on to as many people as you want, you can make mashups of it or snip parts out and distribute them separately or use them in your own compositions, and you can use it commercially if you choose. If you make a mashup or use parts of this episode in some other work, your resulting work has to also have this "share-alike" provision on it, but other than that you can broadly do what you want with it! See our thoughts on licencing for more.