The Soul That Died
7th April 2008: Season 5 Episode 15 : 100.47
- Scrum, the project methodology, is from the Agile Programming stable; a brief explanation of it and whether it's worthwhile (3.15) [Talk about how you run software projects in the LugRadio forums]
- Dave Neary talks about the Libre Graphics Meeting, what it's for, and how the LGM team are looking for donations to make this meeting happen -- you can donate to help them! (21.50)
- The egoless desktop -- does the open source community have an advantage over the proprietary world because we don't have to push the names of each project? Is it just as important to have people have loyalty to a particular piece of software even if there's no revenue stream? How vital are brands in the free software world? (38.10) [Discuss this topic in the LugRadio forums]
- LugRadio Live 2008 USA is this Saturday! One final reminder: if you want to go, you can pre-register for a ticket, and remember that there are some really cool prizes on offer if you recommend more friends to buy a ticket than anyone else does! See you all on Saturday... (62.28)
- Your feedback and emails! This week, including Flash mp3 players, stories about how you got into free software, Emacs, conferences, and the state of Linux in Thailand (70.00)
This episode of LugRadio is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence. This means that you can download it for free, you can pass it on to as many people as you want, you can make mashups of it or snip parts out and distribute them separately or use them in your own compositions, and you can use it commercially if you choose. If you make a mashup or use parts of this episode in some other work, your resulting work has to also have this "share-alike" provision on it, but other than that you can broadly do what you want with it! See our thoughts on licencing for more.